I created this life-changing marble banana bread and believe me - it is GOOD. The chocolate swirl is just to die for. Banana bread has always been a family favorite at my house and decided to get fancy with this super good healthy marbled banana bread!! Check out the recipe!!
Paleo Chocolate Marble Banana Bread
Makes 2 mini loaves or 1 large loaf
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs or for vegan option: 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill egg replacer + 4 tbsp warm water
- 1 cup mashed bananas (~2 large bananas)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil room temp
- 1/4 cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup dark choc. chips
- 1 tbsp plant milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease 2 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan with coconut oil.
3. If making this recipe without eggs, make your egg replacer in a small bowl by mixing 2 tbsp egg replacer with 4 tbsp of warm water and let sit for 1 minute before adding.
4. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl EXCLUDING the cocoa powder, milk and chocolate chips. Make sure the coconut oil is completely mixed in. (You can also use a hand mixer for this) After the mixture is fully combined, fold in chocolate chips.*
5. Pour out half the batter into another medium bowl and add the 1/4 cup of cocoa powder and milk. Mix until combined.
6. Pour a little bit of each batter in each of the 2 mini loaf pans or 1 large loaf pan, alternating between the chocolate batter and the regular batter until it is all used. Then use a toothpick to swirl the batter and smooth the top with a spatula.
7. Top with extra chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 20-30 minutes in 2 mini loaf pans or 30-40 minutes in 1 regular bread loaf pan. Bake until firm in the middle.
Cool for about 30 minutes, slice, & serve! Store in the fridge.
*If you don’t want too many chocolate chips, you can just sprinkle some on top of the loaf before putting it in the oven, as I did.