Vegan Cookie Dough Nice Cream Sandwiches
Ingredients: (for 2 cookie dough layers)
2 cups fine almond flour
4 tbsp oat flour
8 tbsp (1/2 cup) runny almond butter
3 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
8 tbsp (1/2 cup) maple syrup
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
• 1 pint of your favorite vegan ice cream
1. Line two 8x8 pans with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients for the cookie dough together in a medium bowl. Use a spatula to incorporate all ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips last. (Since the consistency of flours/almond butters vary, add more almond butter if dough is too dry and more flour if it is too wet)
3. Place half the dough in one 8x8 pan and the other half in the other pan. Press down to form an even layer of cookie dough in both pans.
4. Place both pans of cookie dough in freezer until hardened.
5. Evenly spread your favorite thawed ice cream on top of one cookie dough layer, (I used @cadoicecream dark chocolate flavor) and place your second cookie dough layer gently on top of the ice cream, so you have three layers total. Freeze until the bars are solid and ready to be cut into bars. Serve slightly thawed and enjoy!!