Creamy Chocolate Nice Cream
I am absolutely blown away by how good this vegan ice cream tasted. Instead of using regular milk and heavy cream, the secret is to use full-fat coconut milk to get the creamiest texture EVER! If you try this recipe, let me know how it went by using the comment section below!
Creamy Vegan Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cans of full-fat coconut milk (@thaikitchen)
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup (or you can do 1/2 cup to cut down the sugar- still tastes great)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/4 + 2 tbsp of dark cocoa powder
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl with a whisk until smooth. Then transfer the mixture into an ice cream machine (I use @cuisinart) and churn for about 15-20 minutes. It should be thick. Transfer to the freezer until hardened. To serve, let it thaw slightly and then enjoy!!
** if you do not have an ice cream maker, you can pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and let freeze. Note that the texture will be slightly icier without an ice cream maker.