Updated: Oct 4
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
Makes about 14 bites
- 2 ripe bananas
- peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- any toppings of your choice: (chopped roasted peanuts, coconut flakes, mini chocolate chips, etc)
1. Slice each banana into about .5 inch slices.
2. Place the banana slices on a cookie pan with parchment paper. Be sure there is space between each banana slice. Freeze for about 2 hours.
3. Take the cookie sheet out of the freezer and with a butter knife, spread on a thin layer of peanut butter or almond butter on one slice of banana, and place another slice on top of the layer of peanut butter to make a “sandwich”. Repeat until all banana slices are used.
4. Freeze for another 45-60 minutes or until peanut butter\almond butter is hardened.
5. Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in the microwave in 20-second increments until melted. Stir the mixture every 20 seconds.
6. Take the frozen peanut butter banana “sandwiches” out of the freezer and dip one side of each banana sandwich in the melted chocolate and then roll it in any topping you would like (peanuts, coconut, chocolate chips....) Then place each chocolate-covered banana sandwich on a piece of parchment paper. Repeat this step and cover the remaining banana sandwiches with chocolate.
7. Freeze for another 15-20 minutes so the chocolate can solidify and enjoy!!
*be sure to store in the freezer!!