Updated: Oct 4
Gf Berry Crumble Bars
adapted from @ambitiouskitchen
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup gf rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup of unsalted cold + cubed butter
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 tbsp arrowroot flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a 8x8 pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients for the crumble together with your hands, fully incorporating the cubes of cold butter into the dry ingredients. The mixture should resemble a course texture when done.
3. Press about half of the mixture (~1 3/4 cup) into the bottom of the pan lined with parchment paper. Press it down pretty hard and make sure the top is even to make sure the bars hold up properly.
4. Make the berry filling by putting all of the filling ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil over low heat. Mix for about 3-4 more minutes until mixture is thick.
5. Pour the berry filling over the bottom layer in the baking pan. Then sprinkle the rest of the crumble on top of the filling in an even layer.
6. Bake 25-30 minutes until golden on top. The berries should be bubbling.
7. Cool completely before serving because bars are very delicate out of the oven. I set mine in the freezer and let cool for about 40-50 minutes. Once cooled, cut into squares and serve!!
(Recipe adapted from @ambitiouskitchen)