These are the most fluffy, rich, chocolatey, and moist gluten-free cupcakes ever! The secret to these amazingly good cupcakes is actually plant-based butter milk which contributes to the velvety texture. If you try these cupcakes, let me know how it went in the comments below!
Gf Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 cup @cup4cup gf multipurpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup dairy free buttermilk (3/4 cup almond milk and 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar) mix and let sit for 2 min
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
2. Sift the dry ingredients in a large bowl. (Flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt)
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil until combined. Then add in the egg, buttermilk, vanilla, and hot water. Mix until combined.
4. Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and gently mix with a spatula. Make sure all ingredients are fully combined.
5. Pour batter into the cupcake liners and fill about half way full. Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and top with your favorite vanilla buttercream or cream cheese frosting and enjoy!!