Updated: Aug 8, 2021
These strawberry cupcakes are perfect for summer!! There is something so good about fresh strawberries and cream, which is why topping these cupcakes with your favorite homemade fluffy buttercream makes them taste like absolute HEAVEN!! Recipe below:)
Gf Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
makes about 16
1 1/2 cups @cup4cup multipurpose gf flour
1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs, at room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup avocado oil
1 cup strawberry purée
2-3 drops plant based food coloring (optional)
1/2 cup vegan buttermilk ( I did 1/2 cup almond milk + 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and let sit for 1 min)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 muffin pans with paper liners. (Makes about 16)
3. In a large bowl, combine Cup4Cup flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk together to combine.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add in the eggs and beat for about 10-20 seconds. Add in sugar and beat on medium for about 30 seconds. Add in vanilla & vegetable oil and mix. Then add the strawberry purée and food coloring (optional).
5. On low speed, slowly add in half of the flour mixture. Add in half the buttermilk, then the other half of the flour and combine. Then add in the rest of the buttermilk and beat until just combined.
6. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Spoon batter into the lined muffin pan, filling each one about ½-way full.
7. Bake cupcakes in oven for about 30-35 minutes and until cooked through. Cool completely on cooling rack.
9. Frost cooled cupcakes with your choice of frosting. (I made my own vanilla butter cream) top with fresh sliced strawberries.