Gf Healthier Sugar Cookies
2 cups almond flour
1/4 arrowroot flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 egg (room temp)
1/4 cup melted salted butter (or sub coconut oil)
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup coconut sugar
I used @simplemills vegan vanilla frosting
Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. Whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, and baking soda. Set aside.
2. Beat the coconut sugar, maple syrup, and butter on low speed until combined. Then add the egg, vinegar, and vanilla.
3. Pour dry mixture into the wet mixture and fold to combine. Set in the freezer for 10 min so the dough is easier to roll.
4. Roll into small balls place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 10-13 minutes. Tops should be slightly cracked.
5. Cool completely and frost. I used @simplemills vegan vanilla frosting. Put on some sprinkles and enjoy!!