Updated: Oct 4
Gf Soft-Baked Banana Bread Bars
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp melted unsalted butter or coconut oil
- 1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup gf quick oats
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips (plus more for topping)
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 square pan with parchment paper and lightly grease.
2. In a large bowl combine mashed bananas, coconut sugar, melted butter, almond milk, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Add in the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
3. Pour into pan lined with parchment paper, (top with a few extra chocolate chips if you want) and bake for 30-35 minutes. It’s okay for the bars to be slightly soft out of the oven, but not super mushy. Cool completely for about 30 minutes, cut into bars, and enjoy!! (I found that the bars will set better and are easier to cut if you put them in the fridge a few minutes before serving)