*the best* Gf Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (w/almond flour)
Updated: Feb 5
I think baking cookies is a personality trait of mine now... and I’m not ashamed;) I make a LOT of cookie recipes in my free time. This addition to my cookie recipe collection is special because it’s super easy to make, and almond flour is the main ingredient. Even with almond flour, they taste just as good as regular cookies. recipe below!
The Best Gf Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (made w/almond flour)
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup arrowroot flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1 egg (room temp)
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp almond butter (room temp)
6 tbsp melted salted butter
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350° and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, butter, and almond butter until smooth.
4. Add dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine with a spatula. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Chill dough in the freezer for about 10 min so it is easier to roll into balls.
6. Roll the chilled dough into medium-sized balls (about 1.5 inches across) and slightly flatten the tops.
7. Bake 9-12 minutes, 9 minutes for the chewiest and most moist texture. Cool slightly and enjoy!