When I put this granola in the oven, my kitchen smelled like HEAVEN!! It smelled like freshly made brownies (my favorite). So excited to share this recipe because it’s super easy and delicious!! Definitely a big hit at my house. Check out what I did to make this!!
Grain-free Chocolate Granola With Almond Butter Drizzle
- 1.5 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil
- runny almond butter to drizzle
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roughly chop the almonds, walnuts, and coconut flakes and add to a large bowl.* Then add pumpkin seeds, cocoa powder, and salt and combine with a wooden spoon. Make sure the cocoa powder is evenly distributed.
3. Heat coconut oil and maple syrup over low heat until the coconut oil is melted.
4. Pour the melted coconut oil and maple syrup mixture over the dry ingredients. Use a wooden spoon to coat the dry ingredients.
5. Pour out the granola onto the baking sheet and spread out into a thin layer. Do not spread out too much if you want granola clusters after it’s done baking. Drizzle on some almond butter before baking.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes. The heat of different ovens varies so be sure to check on the granola about 10 minutes before it is done.
7. Take out of the oven and let cool for about 30-40 minutes or until firm. Then break the granola into smaller clusters. Enjoy!!
*you can also use a food processor to roughly chop the nuts