Healthier Baked Vanilla Donuts
makes about 6
1 1/2 cup almond flour
1/4 + 2 tbsp oat flour (store bought)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 eggs (room temp)
4 tbsp melted & cooled butter (or coconut oil)
2 tbsp almond milk (room temp)
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup maple syrup (room temp)
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and thoroughly grease a donut pan with coconut oil.
2. Whisk almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until combined in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, whisk together the eggs, maple syrup, vanilla, butter, almond milk, and vanilla until combined.
4. Pour dry ingredients into the wet, and fold in with a spatula.
5. Use a spoon to equally distribute the batter into the donut molds. Fill about 3/4 way full.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool completely and frost. ( I used a paleo chocolate frosting recipe from @texanerin ) enjoy!!