This is such a fun breakfast idea! It’s basically like making a bunch of mini pancakes that look like cereal!! The fun thing about it is that you can top it with just about anything you want. I made mine with almond flour, but I think it will work with almost any pancake recipe. You all have to try this for breakfast one time!!
Healthy Pancake Cereal (gluten-free, low carb, low sugar)
Makes about 2 bowls of pancake cereal
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 + 1 tbsp plant milk
- 2 tsp oil (avocado, vegetable, or coconut)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder\starch
1. Heat up a pancake griddle. I heated mine to about 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
3. With a small spoon, scoop out a little bit of batter and pour onto the pancake griddle. If the pan is not non-stick, you may want to grease it first. I made mine about the size of a quarter.
4. When you see bubbles come through one side, it is ready to flip. They should be golden brown when done. Then you can place the cooked pancakes in a bowl. Repeat until all the batter is used. Add your favorite toppings (I added sliced strawberries, dark chocolate chips, butter, and maple syrup) and enjoy!!
NOTE: this recipe can also make regular sized pancakes if you don't want it in cereal form