Updated: Oct 4
Homemade Gluten Free Oreos
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg room temp
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cup gf flour ( I used @cup4cup )
Homemade vanilla frosting or I used @simplemills vegan vanilla frosting
1. Preheat oven to 375° Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth with an electric mixer on medium speed. Then slowly add the vanilla and salt.
3. With a spatula, mix in the egg until combined.
4. Add the dark cocoa powder, a little bit at a time, mixing in between with a spatula.
5. Then slowly add the gf flour, gently mixing it in with your hands. (The dough will begin to get very thick) Keep adding the flour until a dough forms. You may not need all of the flour, or you may need a little bit more (every gf flour is different).
6. Once a thick dough is formed, roll it out with a rolling pin to reach a thickness of about 1/4 inch. With a circle cookie cutter, cut out even circular portions of dough (mine were about 1.5 inches wide) and place on the baking sheet with parchment paper. Repeat until all dough is used.
7. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until the middle is set and the edges are hard. Cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. Spread on your vanilla frosting on one cookie, and place another cookie on top to create a sandwich. Smooth out the sides with a butter knife. Repeat with the remaining cookies. If you want the middle to be more set, place the cookie in the fridge for a bit. Enjoy!!