Updated: Apr 6, 2021
These cookies reminded me of Girl Scout cookies, but a homemade version. What’s different about these is that they are naturally sweetened with dates!! It’s is literally impossible to eat just one of these;)
No Bake Cookies
makes about 9 cookies
1 cup dates (I used deglet noor dates)
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1.5 tbsp almond butter
Melted dark chocolate chips + coconut oil
1. Soak dates in warm water for about 15 min or until softened. Strain out the water and put the dates in a high power blender or food processor.
2. Blend the dates until a thick date paste forms. ( you can add a little bit of warm water to loosen it up if needed, but not too much)
3. Then add the rest of the ingredients and blend until a thick dough forms. (You may need to use a blender tamper to push the dough closer to the blade because it will be very thick.) Try to get the dough as smooth as possible. Spoon out the dough from the blender/food processor and add to separate bowl.
4. Chill dough for about 20 min in freezer so it’s less sticky.
5. Roll dough into small balls and flatten. Then drizzle on dark chocolate. (I added some coconut oil so it’s more runny)
6. Let the chocolate set and enjoy!! Store in the refrigerator