The Best Gf Cookie Bars
Updated: Jun 28, 2021
I’m telling you guys, these bars are LIFE-CHANGING!! I spent the afternoon experimenting in the kitchen and came up with these bars, which I actually didn’t know if they would turn out. These bars almost tasted like a nestle toll house cookie and were absolutely heavenly. These may be one of my favorite recipes yet! Recipe below!!
The Best Gf Cookie Bars Ever!!
makes about 9 square bars
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup superfine almond flour
- Pinch of sea salt
- @enjoylifefoods Dark chocolate chips (as many as you want. I did about 1/4 cup plus some for the top)
1. preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 pan with parchment paper on the bottom.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer until somewhat creamy. Then add the egg and beat on low speed until just combined.
3. Then slowly add the almond butter, a little bit at a time, mixing at low speed. Then add the vanilla and maple syrup and mix in with a spatula.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the baking soda, flour, and salt until combined. Then fold slowly into the wet ingredients a little bit at a time. Once combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour into an 8x8 pan (greased and with parchment paper) and use a spatula to smooth out the top.
5. Bake 12-15 min, 12 minutes resulting in the fudgiest and gooey texture. The middle should be slightly soft/gooey in the middle when you take it out but don’t worry, it will continue to cook out of the oven. Careful not to over-bake because it will become dry and cake-like!! Enjoy! (Store in the refrigerator)