Chocolate Almond Butter Cookie Dough Nice Cream
Nice Cream Base Ingredients:
- 3 sliced frozen bananas
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp almond butter or peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup refrigerated coconut cream*
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
*coconut cream is the fat that sits on top of a can of full-fat coconut milk
Cookie Dough Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup fine almond flour
- 1 tbsp smooth almond or peanut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 3 tsp mini dark chocolate chips
1. Make the cookie dough balls by mixing all of the cookie dough ingredients together in a small bowl until a dough forms. Roll into small balls, (small enough to eat in the nice cream) set on a plate with parchment paper, and set in the freezer while you make the nice cream base.
2. In a blender, blend frozen bananas and coconut cream in a blender until smooth. If it is too thick for the blender, add some more coconut cream, but not too much or it will turn into something more like a smoothie. Next add cocoa powder, almond butter, and vanilla and blend again until smooth.
3. In a loaf pan lined with parchment paper (shown in the second photo) pour in the nice cream mixture. With a spatula mix in the dark chocolate chips and cookie dough balls. Save some cookie dough and chocolate to decorate the top!!
4. If the nice cream is thick enough, (like soft-serve) then it can be served it right away. However, if you want a harder more scoopable nice cream, freeze for 2-4 more hours. Note that the nice cream may get a little icy in the freezer because of the natural water in the bananas, but the flavor is still amazing. Enjoy!!