Get ready to have your mind blown by this amazing chocolate peanut butter NICE cream!! It is so creamy and delicious, you'll find yourself eating more than just one scoop!!
Chocolate PB Swirl Nice Cream
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk (@thaikitchen)
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or 1/2 for less sugar option)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1. Whisk first 4 ingredients together in a large bowl until combined. Then divide the ice cream mixture in half by pouring half of it in another bowl. To one bowl add the 1/4 cup peanut butter and to the other add the 1/4 cup cocoa powder. Mix until combined.
2. Set the chocolate mixture in the fridge while you pour the peanut butter mixture into an ice cream machine. (I use @cuisinart) Churn for about 10 minutes, transfer into a medium bowl, and set in the freezer while you make the chocolate ice cream. Once the chocolate ice cream is done churning, in an ice cream container or bread pan lined with parchment paper, spoon out a bit from each ice cream, alternating from one to the other to create a swirl effect. Set in the freezer for about 3-4 hours to harden and enjoy!! Thaw slightly and scoop out some of the ice cream to make a delish ice cream sandwich with my easy gf peanut butter cookie recipe;)
** if you do not have an ice cream maker, you can pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and let freeze. Note that the texture will be slightly icier without an ice cream maker.