When I was a kid, my mom used to sneak zucchini into a lot of what she baked, and I could never tell. Overall, I think it is the perfect ingredient because it adds extra moisture to whatever you are making, and the zucchini makes these chocolate muffins taste absolutely DELICIOUS. They are full of rich chocolate flavor, moist, and fluffy. Recipe below!!
Gf Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
makes about 1 dozen
1 1/4 cup fine almond flour
1/2 cup oat flour (I used store bought)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup avocado oil
1 cup shredded zucchini
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. Whisk the almond flour, oat flour, baking, cocoa powder, soda, baking powder, and salt together until combined. Set aside.
3. Whisk together the coconut sugar, egg, vanilla, milk, oil, and shreds zucchini together until combined.
4. Pour in the dry ingredients and fold in with a spatula. Then fold in chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into the muffin cups about 3/4 way full and top with a few extra chocolate chips. Bake for 20-25 min or until a toothpick comes out with only a few crumbs attached. Enjoy!