Updated: Sep 12, 2021
Time to make one of my favorite fall recipes: healthy pumpkin cookies!! These are honestly SO GOOD and the cream cheese frosting just elevates them to a whole new level. So if you’re looking for a cozy & warm fall pumpkin recipe, you’re in the right place!! Recipe below!!
Gf Soft Baked Pumpkin Cookies w/Cream Cheese Frosting
3/4 cup pumpkin purée
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup almond flour
1 cup oat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1. Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix the pumpkin, coconut sugar, coconut oil, egg, maple syrup, and vanilla until smooth.
3. In another bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and then add to the wet ingredients. Mix. Then bowl with the dough in it in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to thicken.
4. Take dough out of freezer. The dough should be very wet and sticky. Using a medium sized cookie scoop, scoop out small amounts of dough and place the dough on the baking sheet. Press down on the dough balls slightly to make the tops of the cookies more flat. Bake for 10-15 minutes. The center of the cookies should be slightly soft.
5. Make sure the cookies are fully cooled before frosting them. Frost and enjoy!! Store in the refrigerator.
MAPLE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING: (enough for 2 batches)
- 4 oz cream cheese room temp
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temp
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tbsp maple syrup (or a bit more if you like it sweeter)
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
In a electric mixer beat butter and cream cheese until smooth. Then mix in the maple syrup and vanilla. Taste it to make sure its sweet enough. Set in refrigerator to help the frosting thicken/harden if needed